Women’s Executive Leadership Programme
Client: Global Insurance Company
With 145 years of experience, this company is a recognised leader in protection planning, retirement and saving solutions around the world. It has established a strong presence in nearly 50 countries, and is trusted by 100 million customers worldwide. When the Global Insurance company in Japan wanted to seek ways and means of attracting and nurturing more female leaders, they turned to Lumina Learning. Our reputation for excellence, next-level personality assessments and highly engaging learning preceded us. Suffice it to say , the Women’ s Executive Leadership programme which we devised proved a resounding success with a not unimpressive 92% reported that their leadership capabilities were enhanced by applying the skills and self-awareness acquired throughout the programme.
- The Japanese government’s initiative to have more women in the workplace and in management positions by 2020 created a clear and urgent need for this leading global insurance company in Japan to develop women’s leadership capabilities.
- The client focused on increasing the female participation rate in the company through a series of 3-day women’s leadership courses designed by Lumina Learning Japan to ensure that female employees were equipped to step up in their careers.
Lumina Spark & Lumina Leader
“A rapidly changing and globalizing Japanese economy urgently needs empowered and thriving female talent; confident in their strengths, their communication and their leadership skills.”
- The Women’ s Executive Leadership programme was designed to ensure that female hi-potential employees and managers were confident and capable to reach full leadership potential and step up their careers.
- The intense 3-day course guided participants to explore new self aware behaviours with Lumina Spark, and find their authentic leadership style and capabilities through Lumina Leader while increasing professional confidence and leadership presence.
- Modules included:
- Self understanding & key strengths leadership confidence.
- Managing strereotypes.
- Finding personal leadership style leadership vision and values.
- Executive presence and presentation skills personal branding.
- Setting leadership goals, actions and commitments.
- The highly interactive programme format included one on one coaching and provided ample opportunities for trying out real business situations through role-plays and simulations.
- Authentic female leadership identity.
- Increased self-confidence and leadership presence.
- Stronger influencing and networking skills.
- Clearer leadership vision aligned with company values.
- Enhanced personal branding.
- Post programme participant promotions include: sales branch manager, regional office manager, overseas assignments and expanded department roles.
- 90% of participants gained leadership confidence through the programme and received valuable advice on advancing their career development.
- 92% reported that their leadership capabilities were
enhanced by applying the skills and self-awareness acquired throughout the programme.
– Objective understanding of myself has helped me reconfirm what kind of person I am. It has given me the possibility of having not just one but many different leadership styles. This in turn has helped me develop greater self-esteem through realising my strengths.
– I was losing confidence as I tried to be a typical stereotype “great leader” which did not match my real style. I have come to realise that I can lead my team in my own way, with my own unique leadership style.
– I recommend this workshop to my colleagues. It is a unique opportunity to actually practice all the skills on changing your behaviour, attitude and presentation skills while being actively coached by facilitators.
– I have learned that behaving and acting as if I am confident has positively impacted my actual confidence and feelings.
– I became aware of the flaws in my previous delegation style. I have realized that you have to change your communication style depending on who you are delegating to. I now utilise my learnings from this course to practically increase the productivity and capacity of the whole team.
Explore the advantages of women’s leadership and get our top tips for exceptional leadership with our free white paper
Read other Case Studies